Are you a new business? Do you need to file you Alabama Taxes? Use MAT it is easy to sign up.
When you open your browser go to myalabamataxes.alabama.gov
- Select sign up from the right hand side of the page and choose your account type from the drop down list
- If you do not see what you are looking for you can contact MAT and ask if they support the account, you are trying to register
- Next provide your account information which you should have received in the mail of the Department
- Information you will need:
- Account number: 10-character account number located on all correspondence from the department
- Sign On ID: this is assigned to you when you register your business
- Access Code: this is also assigned when you register your new business
- Information you will need:
- Note: if you are adding individual access to your income tax account you will need your Social Security Number and your adjusted gross income from the past year
Validating Your Account:
- Once all the information is entered click validate. If something is not right you will get a red X and you will need to fix the fields that it says. If nothing is wrong, then you will get a green check mark and you can click NEXT at the top of the screen
- On the next screen you will need to enter a username. Choose something unique and something that you can remember
- Also on that screen you need to enter a password. The password has to be 16 characters long and it must contain 1 number and 1 letter. Reenter the password to make sure they match
- Next on the screen choose a security question and an answer in case you ever forget your password you can answer the question and reset the password
- Click NEXT at the bottom of your screen
Entering Information and Getting Your Authentication Code:
- On the next screen you will need to enter your full name, a valid email, and a phone number. Also on this screen you will need to choose how you want to get you authentication code. You have three options. Depending on which option you choose different fields will come up that you have to fill in:
- Text and Email
- Click Next
Adding Third Party Access and Submitting Your Registration:
- On the next screen is where you can add third party access to someone like your accountant. You will need to create a password for them to log on but it cannot be the same password you are using to sign on with.
- When you are done click SUBMIT REGISTRATION at the bottom and the next screen that comes up will be a confirmation page. Record the confirmation number or print the page for your records and in case you have a question about your MAT registration.
- Once you do this it will take you back to the sign in page. When you log on for the first time you must have your authentication code as well as your username and password.
- If you get into the system and cannot figure out what to do or something is not working the number to the AL Department of Revenue Tax Section is 334-242-1300